Low Carb Sushi
Low carb sushi for a keto diet
- food processor
- 16 oz Cauliflower
- 6 oz Cream Cheese softened
- 1-2 tbsp Rice Vinegar unseasoned
- 1 tbsp Soy Sauce or aminos
- 5 sheets Nori
- 1 each 6 in. Cucumber
- 5 oz Smoked Salmon or any seafood
- Using a food processor, rice the cauliflower into rice-sized pieces by pulsing. Make sure not to over-processes the cauliflower and do in smaller batches to ensure you get a good consistency.
- Slice the cucumber on each end, then place the cucumber upright and slice off each side. You want to discard the middle and slice about 2 side pieces into small strips. Set aside in the fridge.
- In a very hot pan, add cauliflower rice and cook. Season with soy sauce as the cooking process happens, about 1 tbsp.
- Once the cauliflower is finished up and dried out some, add to a bowl with cream cheese and rice vinegar (1-2 tbsp. depending on how seasoned you want it to taste). Mix together well and set in the fridge until cool.
- Once the rice mixture is cooled, slice 1/2 an avocado into small strips and scoop out of the shell.
- Put a nori sheet down on a bamboo roller covered with saran wrap (this helps with sticking). Spread some of the cauliflower rice mixture over the nori sheet, leaving about 3/4 inches of space at the top. Make sure this is quite a thin layer.
- Place all of the filling items into the sushi roll, layering whichever flavors you want.
- Roll sushi tightly using bamboo. You can see many videos on YouTube on how to do this if you aren’t sure.
- Serve and enjoy! Feel free to pair with pickled ginger, wasabi, or a spicy mayo you make yourself if you want to up the fat content in this.