Pumpkin Sausage Soup
- 1 lb Hot Pork Sausage can use regular if you wish
- ½ cup Onion, Chopped
- ¼ lb Fresh Mushrooms, Chopped
- 1 each Clove Garlic
- 15 oz Can of Pumpkin
- 4 cups Chicken Broth
- ½ cup Heavy cream
- ½ cup Water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp Italian Seasoning
- In a large pot, brown the sausage along with the onion, mushrooms and garlic; drain fat.
- Add the pumpkin and broth. And 1 tablespoon of Italian seasoning.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Cover and simmer 20-30 minutes.
- Add the cream and water; simmer 10-15 minutes longer. Adjust seasoning.
Can be frozen Per Serving:
277 Calories; 21g Fat; 15g Protein; 6g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 4g Net Carbs