Lasagna for four
Ingredients for Noodles
- 2 each large eggs
- 4 oz Cream Cheese
- ¼ cup Parmesan Cheese, grated
- 1 ¼ cups Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- ¼ tsp Italian Seasoning
- ¼ tsp Garlic Powder
- ¼ tsp Onion Powder
Ingredients for the filling
- 1 lb Ground Beef
- 1 ½ cups Marinara Sauce
- ¾ cup Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 6 tbsp whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1 tbsp minced onion flakes
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp Italian Seasoning
Instructions for the noodles
- Preheat oven to 375° Line a 9×13 baking dish with parchment paper
- In a large mixing bowl, using a hand mixer, cream together cream cheese and eggs.
- Next, add Parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, and onion powder. Mix until all ingredients are well combined.
- Using a rubber spatula, fold in mozzarella cheese and mix until well incorporated.
- Spread the mixture into the baking dish, forming a nice even layer.
- Bake on the middle rack for 20-25 minutes.
- When the “noodles” are done baking, cool in the fridge for about 20 minutes and then cut into thirds. This makes three perfectly sized “noodle” layers for an 8.5 X 4.5 X 2.5 loaf pan.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, combine ground beef, minced onion, oregano, garlic powder, dried basil and a pinch of salt. Cook until the meat is browned.
- Drain excess fat from pan and add ¾ cup marinara sauce to meat. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Pour ¼ cup marinara sauce into bottom of loaf pan. Top with the first “noodle” layer
- Layer a third of the ground beef mixture. Top with ¼ cup mozzarella cheese and 3 tbsp ricotta cheese, and cover with another “noodle” layer. Repeat these steps.
- Cover the top “noodle” layer with remaining ground beef, and mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle Italian seasoning over top. Bake for 20 minutes.