Keto Seafood Chowder
Elegant layers of flavor combine with flaky, tender chunks of salmon, shrimp, and wilted spinach, giving this cream-based seafood chowder absolute rave reviews. Colorful, beautiful, delicious, easy, and keto! A winner all around.
- 4 tbsp butter
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 5 oz celery stalks (1 1/2 cups)
- 1 cup clam juice or vegetable stock
- 1 ½ cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 tsp dried sage or dried thyme
- ½ lemon, juice and zest
- 1 lb salmon, boneless fillets
- 2 oz baby spinach 2 cups
- 8 oz shrimp peeled and deveined
- salt and pepper
- ½ tbsp red chili peppers
- fresh sage optional for garnish
- Melt butter in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add garlic and celery. Cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add clam juice, cream, cream cheese, sage, lemon juice and lemon zest. Let it simmer for about 10 minutes without lid.
- Add the fish and shrimp. Simmer for 3 minutes or until fish is just cooked (should flake easily). Add the baby spinach and stir until wilted.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with fresh red chili and fresh sage before serving for extra flavor and splash of color.
Per Serving: Total Carbs: 7g Protein: 37g Fat: 69g