Keto Bacon Burger Casserole
A cheeseburger in keto paradise? Sure. Put your "two all beef patties, special sauce, tomatoes, cheese, pickles..." AND bacon into a keto casserole. Then dig in and enjoy!
- 7 oz bacon diced
- 1 lb beef or ground turkey
- 2 dill pickles finely chopped
- 2 tomatoes diced
- 1 garlic clove minced (optional)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup heavy hhipping cream
- 2 tbsp unsweetened tomato sauce
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C). Grease a 2-quart 9” (22 cm) round casserole dish.
- In a large frying pan, fry the bacon over medium heat until crispy. Set bacon aside, reserving fat in pan.
- Add ground beef to the same pan and increase the heat slightly. Fry while stirring until the ground beef is cooked through. Once the beef is cooked, you can drain some of the fat if you wish.
- Add dill pickles and tomatoes to the pan along with minced garlic, salt, pepper, and 2/3 of the cheese
- Add ground beef mixture and bacon to the casserole dish.
- Mix eggs, cream, and tomato sauce in a small bowl. Season to taste.
- Pour the egg mixture over the ground beef and add the rest of the cheese on top.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the casserole turns golden brown.
- Serve with lettuce.
Per Serving: Total Carbs: 8g Protein: 57g Fat: 74g