Chicken Pot Pie
- 1 tbsp Butter
- ½ each yellow onion, chopped
- 4 cloves cloves garlic, minced
- 1 each small carrot
- 2 each stalks celery, chopped
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tsp sweet paprika
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 3 cup rotisserie chicken
- 1 cup frozen green peas, thawed (optional)
- 1 dash Kosher salt
- 1 dash Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 2 each eggs
- 1 each egg beaten with 1 tbsp of water
- 2 ½ cups almond flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- Preheat oven to 425. Make filling: In a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat, melt butter. Add onion, garlic, carrot, and celery and cook, stirring, until softened, about 7 minutes.
- Stir in broth, thyme, and paprika and bring to a boil. Let simmer, 5 minutes, until vegetables are tender. Stir in heavy cream and simmer until thickened, about 2 minutes. Add chicken and peas and toss to warm through and coat with the sauce, about 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat.
- Make crust: In a large microwave-safe bowl, melt together mozzarella and cream cheese. Add eggs and stir to combine, then stir in almond flour, and baking powder. Season with salt.
- Dollop crust mixture over the filling and smooth the top with a spatula. Using a knife, cut an X in the center of the crust, then brush with egg wash.
- Bake until crust is golden, about 25 minutes.