Chicken Pot Pie
Do you crave real comfort food, look no further than this Keto Low Carb Chicken Pot Pie Recipe! This will wow you, and satisfy that craving Keto style. So much flavor, and so easy to make!
- 1 tbsp Butter
- ½ each yellow onion, chopped
- 4 cloves cloves garlic, minced
- 1 each small carrot
- 2 each stalks celery, chopped
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tsp sweet paprika
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 3 cup rotisserie chicken
- 1 cup frozen green peas, thawed (optional)
- 1 dash Kosher salt
- 1 dash Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 2 each eggs
- 1 each egg beaten with 1 tbsp of water
- 2 ½ cups almond flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- Preheat oven to 425. Make filling: In a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat, melt butter. Add onion, garlic, carrot, and celery and cook, stirring, until softened, about 7 minutes.
- Stir in broth, thyme, and paprika and bring to a boil. Let simmer, 5 minutes, until vegetables are tender. Stir in heavy cream and simmer until thickened, about 2 minutes. Add chicken and peas and toss to warm through and coat with the sauce, about 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat.
- Make crust: In a large microwave-safe bowl, melt together mozzarella and cream cheese. Add eggs and stir to combine, then stir in almond flour, and baking powder. Season with salt.
- Dollop crust mixture over the filling and smooth the top with a spatula. Using a knife, cut an X in the center of the crust, then brush with egg wash.
- Bake until crust is golden, about 25 minutes.