- 1 cup heavy whipping cream OR sour cream
- 2 tbsp green pesto
- ½ each lemon
- 30 oz Chicken thighs or breast
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 lb Cauliflower
- 1 each leek
- 4 oz cherry tomatoes
- 7 oz shredded cheese
- 1 dash salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C)
- Mix the cream (our sour cream) with pesto and lemon juice. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper and fry in butter until they turn a nice golden brown.
- Place the chicken in a greased 9 x 13 in. baking dish and pour in the cream mixture.
- Chop the leek and cherry tomatoes. Chop the cauliflower into small florets. Top chicken with leek, tomatoes and cauliflower.
- Sprinkle cheese on top and bake in the middle of the oven for at least 30 minutes or until the chicken is fully cooked. If the casserole is at risk of burning before it’s done, cover it with a piece of aluminum foil, lower the heat and let cook for a little longer.
- Pair with fresh leafy greens and a generous olive oil, some balsamic vinegar and a sprinkle of sea salt.